Our office participates with most major insurance plans. Since we provide medical and/or surgical ophthalmologic care to our patients rather than routine eye exams, we do not participate with any vision care plans. By the nature of our specialty, if you have been referred to our office your diagnosis/concern is medical or surgical in nature and would fall under your medical insurance.
We accept a variety of plans from insurance companies at all of our locations including:
- Excellus Blue Cross & Blue Shield
- MVP Healthcare
- United Healthcare
If your insurance company is accepted by Retina Associates of Western NY, we will file your claim to make the insurance process as easy as possible. You may contact your insurance company to confirm what care is covered by your plan as well as information on copayments, deductibles and coinsurance amounts.
If your insurance company is not accepted by Retina Associates of Western NY, this means your insurance plan is considered out-of-network which can lead to greater out-of-pocket expenses for your care. For services not covered by insurance, payment is expected in full on the date of the service. Contact our billing specialists at 585-442-3411 to request a Good Faith Estimate for the estimated cost of services, or to discuss payment plan options.
If you would like to make a payment toward your balance, please click the “Pay Your Bill” button at the very top of our website to pay online with a credit card.
Patient Assistance and Support Programs
Below you will find downloadable forms and website resources that may help provide financial assistance for qualifying individuals. Please keep in mind that the decision to use a certain drug is a clinical one made by the treating physician and each individual patient.
- Eylea 4 U Patient Enrollment Application ( Please note Eylea4U is for patients with private commercial insurance only) : eylea4u-enrollment-form.pdf
Genentech Ophthalmology Co-Pay Program for Vabysmo and Lucentis: https://www.eyeoncopay.com/
- Good Days Patient Enrollment Application (Please note Good Days is for patients with Medicare only): good-days-enrollment-form.pdf, https://www.mygooddays.org/
- Allergan Ozurdex Savings Program: https://www.ozurdexsavingsprog…
- Regeneron Lucentis Co-Pay Program: https://www.lucentis.com/wet-a…
- Novartis Beovu Support Program: https://www.beovu.com/support-…
- Illuvian Patient Assistance Program: https://iluvien.com/support/fi…
Questions or concerns about your bill or our financial policy? Contact our billing department:
Phone: 585-442-3411 extension 125 or 126